Monday, November 30, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas

Although officially Christmas decorations start on the evening of Thanksgiving when Sam the Snowman and Santa are brought out of the garage rafters. My mom painted these two ceramic decorations when I was a kid and it's a family tradition to get them out on Thanksgiving evening with my dad complaining that it's too late and they are too hard to find. The kids and mom are supposed to beg and say "It's tradition" We only have two or three in my family after all. Spaghetti for Christmas Eve dinner is the other one I can think of right now. Oh, and hunting Ding Dongs instead of eggs for Easter.

Anyway, this was my mom's birthday present last year and when I came home from Thailand just before Christmas, I was sad that it wasn't up but didn't say anything to my mom. It wasn't until New Year's when I was packing up my car, I found it with the binding not quite done in my car. My mom didn't want to tell me that she was a little sad I wasn't finishing it for her. So it's done and up this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment