I tried to keep this quilt as simple as possible to highlight the Houston Rockets fabric. Also, I was secretly making another quilt for the same baby that required me to invent new sewing methods so it was important to maintain my sanity with a quilt that I could just get along with during the whole process. I hit a few snafus when the red I ordered along with the theme fabric turned out to be fuschia. They just named it red. But that striped stuff practically jumped off the bolt in an effort to be included.
It appears in this picture that I did diagonal lines to quilt it but actually, I did a really big zig zag across the big blocks. I used a red flannel for the back and crossed my fingers when I washed it since Quilt Moxie had just had similar fabric bleed on a completed quilt.
All in all, I like how it turned out and hope that it's enjoying it's new home and baby in Texas.