Saturday, June 4, 2011

California Dreamin' Ragged Circles


photo.JPG, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.


Bagged up and ready to go, I finished, that's right finished a quilt this morning. I washed it up and sent it off to be gifted to a new baby. I printed up some washing instructions on a bit of cardstock and pinned it to the bag as well. Hopefully that's enough to convince the parents to use the quilt. And hopefully that baby likes really bright colors!



photo.JPG, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

The circles washed up well too. No strings to trim really. I'd like to see them after a few washings as well but since this is a sold quilt, I probably won't get that chance.


Samara Label, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.


I printed the wording on the label and then embroidered it this morning. For her name, I used two strands of floss but for the rest I used just one and like the way it turned out. I really like the baby's name, Samara means guardian so she could be a guardian of joy. Something that we can all use a little more of in our lives. Plus I'm partial to unique first names :)

I've a few more pictures on Flickr if you click any of these posted. I try to take a ton of pictures when I know the quilt is heading out of my life.

Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment