Friday, October 26, 2012

Give a Little Back

I am trying to give a little back when I travel these days. While visiting Hawaii I donated this one  to foster children through a quilt shop in Hawaii.

So the Saturday before I left for Turkey, I started a new project. Based on the backing fabric, I pulled a few fabrics and whipped up a zig zag quilt using a tutorial from crazymomquilts. I got the quilting done the Tuesday before I left (aka late the night before I flew out) so just had the binding and label to attach along the way. It's nice to have a little handwork to do on flights.


I finished the binding on the boat near Demre.


Resting on our hotel room porch in Cappadocia. The hotel owner promised to take it to the local children's charity for me.


With guild label attached so they would know how far it traveled.


This is some of the quilting detail. I left the colorful zigs mostly blank, just stitched near the seams. I alternated this swirl in the blue zags.


Extra bonus? The space it takes up in the suitcase on the way there can be used for bringing home gifts or fabric :)

1 comment:

  1. Love, love your story... I think the colors and pattern fits it's new home, the beauty of the water, sky and earth..... :)

    ReplyDelete