Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Turtle Quilt for Heidi

Final first quarter finish pictures coming right up.

This is the quilt top i gifted on Christmas and then brought back home with me to finish. As I mentioned, I'm quite classy.


Heidi officiated at my sister's wedding last year and did a great job. My sister wanted to do a special quilt as thanks so I got to work. I used Prince Charming by Tula Pink mostly since the turtles were perfect for Heidi. The pattern is Crazy Nine Patch from Oh Fransson again.


I quilted it with what I'm calling currents with waves. It fits with the top pretty well. The backing took about 42 emails to pick. I tried doing a pieced back, started here. It went really wrong so is wadded up in the closet now.
I may rescue it someday. So then the emailing of flannel pics started flying up to my sister. We finally settled on this blue stripe by Valori Wells. The colors match much better than this picture shows but you'll just have to believe me on that one.


I sent it via the Carlos Bueno Express to SF where my sister stitched on the binding. It's been properly gifted now and she's appreciates it very much. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do. I love it so much!!! So warm and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish! Love the Prince Charming and you picked a great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete