Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fandango Clutch


Fandango Clutch, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
It's my first finish of the New Year! It's a little gathered clutch from this tutorial. While I did struggle with it (and not just whether to cut up my Kate Spain Fandango yardage), it turned out really well. Also for once I took notes of the dumb things I did in error so I can skip them next time.

It's not really clear in the picture but the front is gathered. One of the things I'll try next time is to cut the front piece a little bigger (6 x 15) and then once it's gathered down I'll trim to the 5.5 x 9 side. Or forget entirely until I'm trying to link back to this post. One of the three.

The lining and the front dots are from a scrap bundle that I bought up in Northern California because one of the fabrics had colors that my sister was considering for her wedding. For the inside I pieced a couple of the strips together since I figured it would be mostly covered by the card holder and divider. It really isn't noticeable and I'm patting myself on the back for using the fabric I have instead of going out for more.

Also, I only had a navy blue zipper so I'm pretending that I used that color on purpose for some, um, pop? Contrast? Dorky homemade look? It's way more noticeable in the picture than in real life.


Fandango Clutch, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

1 comment: