Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Whirlygiggle - One Done!


Whirlygiggle, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
I finished the binding on the drive up to snowboard in Mammoth this weekend and got it washed and dried, this is the stage officially known as crinkly goodness. The backing is flannel of course. After washing this one in comparison to the guitars, I noticed a huge difference in the amount of shrinkage depending on the quality of the fabrics. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy fabric based on colors and patterns. I am that kind of crazy.


IMG_1964, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

I did freehand flowers and little leaves in the binding.  I definitely need to get the hang of this a little more.  Also, I've realized that the big machine is super picky about the type of thread and no amount of tension adjustment is going to change that.

IMG_1963, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

No comments:

Post a Comment