Thursday, January 24, 2013

For the Tasmanian Bushfire Relief

I finished up the quilt for Jess at The Elven Garden and it will be on the way shortly.
It's a small quilt which washed up to about 39 x 42 inches. I started it on the 11th so it was pretty quick.




Umm, sorry about all the elephant butts. I guess I should have fussy cut those.




I did a simple basket weave kind of quilting. Actually, we did the quilting. My machine is living a few blocks away right now. Her hosts came out when I started up the quilting and took a turn on the machine. See how perfectly, the top dark gray square turned out? They are naturals.




I embroidered the label although didn't have a lot to say. Stay tuned for a bit of dorkiness to add to future quilts.




It's flannel backed, of course. No piecing required and it happened to go really well.




As a bit of added trivia, I used Jess's block tutorial for the woven chevron quilt last year. The turquoise fabric I used in that quilt was perfect for the binding on this one.

This quilt made possible through the generous support of Jim's garage.

1 comment: