Thursday, December 30, 2010

Final 2010 Finish


Green Fair and Square, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
At least I'm trying to talk myself into this being the final finished quilt of 2010. I don't know if you've realized but I'm a big fan of numbers. And this is my 22nd quilt of the year. I had wanted to do 24 this year and I've got two really close to done. But in the interest of sanity (mine and my poor housebound due to rain puppy) I'm not going to try to finish the other two. I'll just have two early finished in 2011.

Anyway, these are the green squares I won from a giveaway by crazy mom quilts and I whipped up the top in October. The quilting is wavy lines and went super super fast. Then I attached the binding to the front and it languished in the to be worked on pile (on my couch). The flurry of December presents with deadlines took priority over this quilt so I just finished the binding this morning. It's a great lap quilt size and the flannel backing from my stash was perfect.


Green Fair and Square, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

The flannel is super soft and I think it's going to wash up really well.


Green Fair and Square, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

For the MacGuyver portion of the photoshoot, I used a preexisting hook in the wall with a little clip thing that was on the table I keep meaning to clear off. Add one empty wrapping paper roll to extend my gorilla arm and voila, a picture of almost the whole quilt is achieved.

Of course as soon as this was accomplished a friend texted she was coming over so if I had been a tad more patient, she'd have held it up for me outside in the sun. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment