Free Motion Quilting blog called Desert Sand but as I was stitching it, I mostly thought of it as Dragon's Breath. Except for this picture which is the strip of brown I added in to make the backing big enough (the bits really added up!). This one is wood grain for sure.
Here's a closeup of a couple of the squares. I made this with leftover bits of the Bento Box that took years (by not working on it) and started out just sewing as many 3 inch strips together as I could. Then I cut those into 3 inch bits. Then I made a gazillion 4 patches. Then a bazillion 16 patches. Then just started sewing those together. Until I ended up with 952 squares all in a quilt.
I'm happy with the final outcome but don't have any full pictures to include since I finished it just in time to drop it off on the porch for the birthday I intended it for. I hope he likes it. And if not, I hope he lies about it.