Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fruitcake Gifted


IMG_1581.JPG, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
Here's the completed quilt for my sister's family. I used a pantograph pattern of bells and holly for the center and quilted in the whole family's names on some of the bells. Should have taken a picture of that for it to really make sense. My brother-in-law kindly held it up for me so I could get a full picture. Then he used it immediately for a nap.

I started out using 2 charm packs but then found that I needed a lot more squares so I got a layer cake and cut it into 5 inch squares. I still have a lot leftover which is nice. I did a disappearing nine patch and this is one of those quilts I liked way better in the pictures than in real life until I got it quilted up.


IMG_1581.JPG, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

Here's the label before attaching to the quilt and yes, after gifting to the family. The binding was finished by my mom on Christmas Day (we open presents on Christmas Eve) while I finished the label by hand.


No Really, By Hand, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

Really, I did the label by hand. Even the tiny binding around the words. I sure hope it lasts through a washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment