Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I started out using 2 charm packs but then found that I needed a lot more squares so I got a layer cake and cut it into 5 inch squares. I still have a lot leftover which is nice. I did a disappearing nine patch and this is one of those quilts I liked way better in the pictures than in real life until I got it quilted up.
Here's the label before attaching to the quilt and yes, after gifting to the family. The binding was finished by my mom on Christmas Day (we open presents on Christmas Eve) while I finished the label by hand.
Really, I did the label by hand. Even the tiny binding around the words. I sure hope it lasts through a washing.