Saturday, November 24, 2012

Aurora Aloha

I got a round about request for a Hawaiian quilt for one of the families of the victims of the Aurora, Colorado shooting. I was surprised at how little Hawaiian fabric I had left in my stash. That was soon changed with a walk up to the fabric store near my house.

I did a disappearing nine patch pattern, finished size of 64 x 72. It's bright which I do like, of course.




I used the very last hula girl bit that I had. I stippled the quilt overall but did outline a few little bits.


The backing is flannel and I did have trouble finding Hawaiian flannel for some odd reason. I'm sure they need lots of flannel on the islands, right? I did the back half green and half blue.




The binding is another print that's mostly red.

It's labeled and washed, ready for hand off. Hopefully it brings a small bit of comfort to the family. This quilt made possible through the generous support of Jim's garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment