Saturday, March 13, 2010

Less than 24 Hours Later


Less than 24 Hours Later, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

It's pieced and quilted. I cut the binding too but let's not go too crazy trying to get that on. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll have it machine stitched on tonight and settle in with a movie for the whip stitching by hand.

The backing is of course flannel with guitars, I was lucky to find something close to the nursery theme. I used a guitar pantograph by Dave Hudson. Due to the quick deadline, I tried a digital download of the design for the first time. It was not entirely straightforward but I managed to resize and tape a few copies together to make a long enough pattern. Lucky this is a baby quilt though or I might not have wrestled with it as much as I did.


Here's a closeup, I was a little shaky on following the lines.


Acoustic and Electric, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

No comments:

Post a Comment