Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bits and Progress

Mostly bits today. First off we're still waiting on red thread to finish off the border on the Whirlygiggle. It's waiting on the frame with the center all quilted up and the secret message hidden-ish. Look closely in the yellow pinwheel.

Waiting for Red Thread, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

Then there's the last placemat for my birthday set waiting for the binding to be sewn on. And since I had a big strip left, how about the first coaster of a possible set of coasters?

Then there's the first log cabin that I made a zillion years ago waiting patiently for it's turn on the frame, I have a good idea of how to quilt it but no batting for now.

First Log Cabin, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

So with all that I spent some time cutting out 36 squares for a new quilt. At least I had all the pieces for that part, right? If all goes according to the instructions I should have some cute blocks in the next day or two.


Cut Stack for New, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

And last, I am going to re-purpose some old templates that I had for cutting paper shapes. They seem to be just tall enough to trace the big quilter if I hold it with one hand and drive with the other. Kids, don't try this at home. Or at least not until I give it a whirl.


Repurposing, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, I can't wait to hear how the repurposing works out!

    ReplyDelete