Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Progress


Progress, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
I've made some progress on a quilt for my grandpa. This much is a great kit from Quilter's Paradise. I normally don't buy kits but they had me at laser cut with this one. Throw in some swirls and I was hooked.

My grandpa is a big guy though so a mere lap quilt just wasn't going to be big enough. Enter the search for 2 fabrics the store didn't have at the time. The ladies there were very helpful though and we were able to track down the fabric lines (if not exact numbers) and I was able to find one online and one that worked well enough. Those that know me though know that well enough doesn't work for me. Hooray, the store got in more of the aqua blender and the project was saved!

The pieces up here are 12 blocks with a finished size of 12 inches. I'm adding on 18 more blocks and taking it from a 52 x 64 lap quilt to a 76 x 88 twin.

So far I've got all the new pieces cut (and did not once consider getting a laser cutter) so can start sewing tomorrow morning and sighing over the fact that I have to trim corners with this batch.


More Pieces, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

No comments:

Post a Comment