Saturday, November 27, 2010

Solstice Strips


Solstice Strips, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

I'm spending some time this weekend working on a quilt to celebrate the winter solstice. It's one of my favorite days of the year because I'm not so secretly solar powered. December 21st is the shortest day of the year which means the days only get longer from there. And yes, I know that 25 days after the solstice, the daylight will be just as short as it was today but it's the knowledge that the next day will be just a little sunnier that makes it okay.

Plus isn't that a fun collection of purple strips to work with? I'm faking the self control today by not sewing them together until I have a Christmas project top completed though but my design wall is emptied and ready for the new blocks.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment