Saturday, September 24, 2011

Intarsia Hexagon

Intarsia Hexagon by shanleytulip
Intarsia Hexagon, a photo by shanleytulip on Flickr.

I had a great coupon today for the fabric store and had to go use it. With my wallet this time. I stopped in after work Thursday and got some red fabric I needed/wanted for a set of presents that I'm working on. Unfortunately I didn't actually leave the house with my wallet on Thursday. So they kindly put it aside and I went back to collect it this morning.

I used my coupon, picked up a triangle ruler and pulled out some yellow fabric scraps to try it. I didn't think it through when I decided to sew them all together and had to pull out my mad intarsia sewing skills.

Now, most people might call these y seams or inset seams or to be avoided at all cost seams. However, my mom is an excellent knitter and can do fancy intarsia knitting. I've no idea what that actually is so I call all fancy knitting intarsia. This is a fancy seam so I have also renamed it intarsia.

I know, I barely make sense to myself.

And yes that is my puppy napping on my lap, it helps her make sure that I don't jump up and run out of the house without her. She has a rough life.

I've no idea what I'll do with this little bit of sunshine but I'm sure something will come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment