Sunday, January 7, 2018

Boxy Pouches Galore

I made quite a few of these pouches at the end of 2017.   The first was for a friend going through some medical stuff.   She likes orange and blue.   I like giving myself an unreasonable deadline and then making the project more difficult (aka random* piecing in this case).

I use this tutorial - http://pinkxstitches.blogspot.com/2014/01/boxy-pouch-tutorial.html  and generally make the smaller one. 








Then after that, I thought I'd make 6 more, again on an unreasonable deadline before a train trip with 5 friends to Santa Barbara.  These were made a little more in production style.



and the pink llamas were not planned to come together that way near the zipper but I love it (and kept that one).

Here they are all together.   One of the other girls brought a bunch of little gifts for everyone which fit perfectly in these pouches.   It's like we planned it instead of schemed separately.




I made another for a Spiderman fan.  Although larger and with no interfacing since I was out.





And then two for a staff retirement gift, since I couldn't decide on the fabric and had someone else pick which to gift.   They chose the blue floral.    We paired it with sunscreen, macademia nuts and a Hawaiian Airlines gift card.    I think she liked it.



* I don't do random well.   That opens the possibility that two pieces of the same fabric touch or even worse, the bicycles are going in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment