Friday, April 2, 2010

Project Linus V.2 in person


Project Linus V.2 in person, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

The top is completely done and I had every intention of loading it on the frame and possibly starting the quilting tonight. BUT when I went to take the dogs for a walk and return the extra dog, I only grabbed the key to the extra dog's house. Not my own. So I essentially locked myself out for about 3 hours. Not a problem generally as I keep two extra keys in the 'hood. Both at friend's houses. Both friends that I took to the airport this week.

Nice.

Luckily one was coming home tonight. So the dogs got a 1.5 mile walk while I waited. They were pleased. I was less than. I was tired and wanted to be home. But my friend was dropped off by two other friends. Who were hungry. So we all went to dinner (second dinner for me but that was okay because I mostly just drank my dinner).

So here we are with the poor kids having to wait for a quilt because I'm not so bright.

PS - Despite what my cameras say, that is not a pale yellow with the orange. That is a fierce stripe of which I have 3 yards still to use. What can I say? It was 1.88 a yard.


PPS - This is the book that I used although I adjusted the pattern somewhat with varying strip sizes. This is the scrap pile that ensued. I'm crossing my fingers that I actually like scrap quilts some day.


Most Scraps, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.

No comments:

Post a Comment