A big wrinkle in my batting slowed down the quilting on my Fandango project. I had to think about it for a few days before I got up the courage to slice the batting. The 4 layers was just too much so I cut the top off the wrinkle and then overlapped just two layers. I didn't want to risk having them pull apart. So far so good, we'll just wait to see how it washes up.
Since I got it off the frame, I decided to make up the binding (pictured here next to my favorite niece picture, although she's way bigger than that now). And here's the newest addition to my pile of bindings to be done.
That pile should go down soon as I'm sending the first kite quilt north for binding. Although, that just means that it is time to do the second kite quilt and I'm growing the stack again. Sounds like I won't need to take my machine to the next guild meeting!