Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blue Ray


Blue Ray, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
Too bad I'm not good at math or I'd have cut all the blue pieces at the same time for this new quilt. It's paper piecing but I found some great thin paper which luckily went through the printer/copier so it's easier piecing than I remembered from my momma's quilt. (note to self: find pictures of momma's quilt)

I've just enough of the squares finished to see how the secondary pattern will turn out. The original idea was that I'd use up some of my stash of blue but even with figuring I need twice as many blue rectangles there is not going to be a noticeable dent on that shelf.

P.S.  To all my stalkers out there (you know who you are), the traditionally gifting of gifts on my 100th post is only 2 posts away.  But I'm making the rule that only followers can win.  So right now there's a 1 in 9 chance that you'll win.  

1 comment: