Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pretending I Perfected Pinwheels

I've actually been sewing some these days but nothing to completion as of yet. But look what happens if you follow directions and trim blocks down to a uniform size. It's crazy I tell you. Crazy.

This is the first pinwheel on a quilt I'm working on for me right now. The fabric is a set of fat quarters that I got with a Fat Quarter Shop gift card (thanks Luc's Mom!) awhile back. It's called Chinese Takeout by Sheri Berry.

It's up on the design wall now and I'm not a big fan of the whole thing at the moment but it could be due to the random pattern in the block placement. Or it could be due to me looking at it too much while I'm sitting on the couch trying to get fiscal closing started for work. Oh well, there's always a stage of every quilt where I want to toss the whole thing into the alley. If I never get along with it, I'll just delete this post and give the quilt to someone who loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment