Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Being Honest


Being Honest, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
It's 10 hours until my flight and I've only got the borders left to quilt on this one. The pattern from Amanda Jean on the Moda site is great, the fabrics make me happy, I found a green polka dot flannel for the backing, I love the binding and I'm pleased with the quilting on the pattern fabrics. This is one of the quilts I'd planned to finish for the Joy in the New Year challenge but I decided to be honest with myself.

I will not power through to the finish.

I do not like the big double loops on the solid green borders. I do not like them at all.

They remind me of olives in a martini glass and I prefer my martinis to be olive free . . . and lemon-y tart.

So I'm going to leave it here and rip out the stitches when I'm back from my brother's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment