Saturday, December 26, 2009

Quilting on the Blue Batiks


photo.jpg, originally uploaded by shanleytulip.
This is some of the quilting on the blue batik quilt I gave to my dad for Chrstmas. Instead of a design, I wrote the start of stories on the quilt. Most of his stories start "Once upon a time in a far, far, far away place not far from here . . ." so I used that to start. He was surprised and I think really likes it. And what could warm your heart more than my nephew asking "Grandpa, can I read your quilt next?"

It was a great Christmas Eve and now that I'm over my 24 hour stomach bug, it's going to be a great weekend too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


In other news, I have officially started all of the quilts I committed to get done by the end of the year for the Joy in the New Year challenge.  It'll be a Christmas miracle to get them all done before I leave for my brother's house on Wednesday morning but I'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment